While using your Windows 10 device, it is certain that you will encounter major errors, of which, the DPC Watchdog Violation errors are one of the most frustrating ones. And if you are one of the users who has faced this kind of technical errors, you must have gone extremely confused as to how to solve the problems? Well, this is nothing to worry about. Because: this guide talks everything about how to solve DPC Watchdog Violation on Windows 10.
How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation on Windows 10
In this post, you will know the not-so-common problem, and how to get rid of the problems. First, we will take the time to explain what causes this kind of problem in the first place. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call and when you encounter the error code “DPC Watchdog Violation”, this means you PC might have frozen for a couple of seconds. So, Deferred Procedure Call, is one bug which can often occur, and when you come across it, this can possibly mean either your PC needs more updated hardware drivers or is occupied with files which the Windows version of your computer does not support. Don’t worry, as we have offered 2 simple methods right below.
Similar Read: How to run XCode IDE on Windows 10
Method 1 (Using Command Prompt)
- Step 1: Visit the Startup Menu, and type in CMD in the search box that you can see on your screen.
- Step 2: When Command Prompt appears, Right Click on that, and choose Run as Admin. Click Yes when it is asked.
- Step 3: Type in the chkdsk c: /f /r option in the command box. Then press Enter.
- Step 4: Follow this up by typing in Y (which stands for Yes).
Method 2 (By Disabling Fast Startup)
- Step 1: Go to the Start Menu on your PC, enter Control Panel, and go to Power Options.
- Step 2: On the upper left-hand side of the window, visit “Choose what the power button does”.
- Step 3: Upon that, go to Change settings that are currently available.
- Step 4: Next, find the “Turn on fast startup” option, and then disable it by clicking on the box right next to it.
- Step 5: As the final step to this particular method, click on Save Changes.
The Final Words
Thus, this compiles everything to know about how to troubleshoot DPC Watchdog Violation on Windows 10 bug. We would come back with more tutorials like this, till then watch this space with us.